Optimal travel insurance should provide people covered by the policy comprehensive protection in the event of unforeseen events. What does this complexity mean in practice? How to choose travel insurance? Where to buy a travel insurance policy?
How to choose travel insurance?
Travel insurance offers from different insurance companies may not only have different prices, but also a varied scope of coverage. When deciding to take out travel insurance, it is worth checking carefully which insurance policy will be the most beneficial. How to choose travel insurance?
Scope of the travel insurance policy
Attention should be paid not only to such obvious aspects as the scope of insurance policy (e.g. TPL, medical costs, PAI) or insurance amount. The best deals, such as eSky travel insurance, are tailored to the needs of travelers. Currently, this insurance provides among others:
- COVID-19 treatment costs,
- Covering the costs of treating exacerbation of a chronic condition,
- Covering the costs of maritime and mountain rescue operations,
- Covering the costs of medical transport and transport of dead bodies,
- Medical assistance,
- Home insurance for the time of departure,
- ATM cash withdrawal insurance while traveling,
- Compensation in the event of a flight delay or cancellation,
- Payment of compensation in the event of damage or loss of luggage,
- Reimbursement of costs incurred for the rental of equipment and the purchase of passes (in the event of closure of ski slopes).
Exclusions of travel insurance coverage
Before buying a travel insurance policy, it is worth checking in what situations it will provide coverage. Some insurance companies exclude coverage for people under the influence of alcohol. The eSky insurance provides you with the alcohol clause. Thanks to it, the insured person is protected by personal accident insurance and medical costs, regardless of the consumption of alcoholic beverages (the clause does not apply to third party liability insurance). The eSky travel insurance also covers when intellectual work during a trip is performed (e.g. during the so-called workation) as well as amateur sports.
Where to buy travel insurance?
The easiest way to buy travel insurance policy is to take advantage of the eSky offer when booking your flight. It is also possible to avail of the travel insurance policy offer directly via the Insurance page on our website. All you need to do is enter the date of travel, destination country and the number of people, and then fill in the data of persons in the booking form and choose the method of payment.